If you want to read this post, please make yourself comfortable. Since this will be a long post, have a cuppa coffee or lay down on your bed and relax. Hope you’ll find this post interesting enough (fingers crossed).
My personality type is Advocate (INFJ-A).
I was wondering what I should blog next and then I thought about taking a personality type quiz. I was curious if it changes or it remains the same. It seems that it changed since the last time I took a personality type and I remember that it wasn’t Advocate at first. It was pretty awesome. The quiz will only take about 12 minutes or less of your time to take it. You have an option if you want your result to be sent to via your email or you can read ahead.
Basically, being as an advocate type, it is very rare for most people to have this kind of type. Being an advocate, I like to help others and that satisfied me knowing that I helped someone with a situation or problems. It’s funny because when I see my parents helping other people, it sets my future career goal. My dad worked with adult clients that had disabilities and my mom worked at the hospital as CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant). With that perspective, I wanted to grow up as a nurse like my mom or a teacher for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing children.
I am a soft-spoken person (people have a hard time hearing me because I talk so soft and low) They’ll be like, “Huh? Say again? Sorry, I didn’t hear that.” And I have to turn the volume of my voice up enough for them to hear me. However, I do have a strong opinion on things and I stand on my ground for whatever I believe in until someone at least proves me wrong. When I read the word, egalitarianism and looked up what it means: relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities. I was like whoa, how did you know that?! I honestly felt the same way because people deserve a chance to be acknowledged and be recognized for what they do. And not a lot of people gets that, Not only that, Karma. Oh, Karma and I have a longer relationship than my own relationship and friendships. My birthday month is August and symbolized “8”. What comes around comes back around again. Whatever an event happens will happen again in a similar situation. It will always be there and following everywhere I go.
Even though I like to help others and I need my own time slash space. I will always try my best to find time to spend time with others and that gives me a difficult time to find quality time with myself alone. I know I need to try better in spending quality time with me, myself, and I. Another thing that I need to take care of myself as well. When to the point I can’t handle anything, I get everything out of proportional. Which is a bad habit of myself and letting that happens in front of others. I always apologize once I calm down after a few minutes.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Strengths of Advocate type:
- Creative – with fair imagination with a strong sense of compassion, I’ll use my creativity to solve problems in a realistic way. Especially with helping with someone with their issues.
- Insightful – being able to have an honest discussion with others and see how events and people are connected in order to get to the heart of the matter.
- Inspiring and Convincing – useful with words and able to persuade people. I don’t think I am a good speaker but I try my best to inspire people.
- Decisive – I am very adamant about my decision and I tends to follow through. Even the plan fails, I always have a backup plan.
- Determined and Passionate – I’m very determined to reach the goals I made for myself and passionate about what I do and put in anything.
- Altruistic – It means showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others’ unselfish. I do have strong beliefs and try to put into action and not because I’m trying to get ahead of myself but to put out an idea out there and believe that idea would make the world a better place.
Weaknesses of Advocate type:
- Sensitive – When someones criticize me or talk over me, I get sensitive easily. I quiet down, making everything awkward.
- Extremely Private – I am an open-minded person but I may not be too extremely private. I am private enough with most of my personal life. I share only a few people who I am close to. I do have trust issues based on my own personal experiences.
- Perfectionist – Oh, I have several things that makes me a perfectionist.
- Always Need to Have a Cause – I must have a goal that has an outcome to it. If there are no results in what I do, what the point of me to continue? (there is no goal at all, they will feel restless and disappointed).
- Can Burn Out Easily – I get tired very easily. Even though I don’t do much or I do a lot of things in one day, I burn out easily mainly, mentally.
Relationships with an Advocate type
Oh, my gulay. When I read the section of ‘Advocate Relationship,’ I agreed on all of it. When I’m in a relationship, I’m pretty serious. Currently, I am in a relationship and it’s been one year and nine months. We knew each other one or two years prior getting together. Once I found him, I look at him imaging on what it is like to be with him in a long-term. I look past his flaws, accepting that it is part of him. If he wants to mend some flaws of his, I will give him my full support. He and I are supportive of each other and try our best to stay authentic with each other; telling each other honestly and learning to accept the truth. We both look at each other for emotional support and embraces that part of us. It literally strengthens the relationship we have since we’re both passionate people. When it comes to intimacy, Advocates cherish not just the act of being in a relationship, but what it means to become one with another person, in mind, body, and soul.
I make mostly close friends because nowadays, you do not need 800+ friends to make your life better nor easier. Although, it will take a while for me to get know people. I like to connect people with similar interests. No, this doesn’t mean like oh, I think I like you in that way. That goes every people I connect/interact with. I tend to avoid people who are egoistic or talking over other people. If I want to get to know the person, be yourself naturally. I agreed with this statement, quality trumps quantity every time, and over the years they will likely end up with just a few true friendships, built on a richness of mutual understanding that forges an indelible link between them.I always tell this to people spending quality time is more important than how many times. I even tell this to my boyfriend, haha.
I’ll skip the parenthood, careers, and workplace habits to get to the conclusion. There are so many things I want to point out but I don’t want to make this post even longer and boring for you guys ><
I’ll quote a statement that describes an Advocate I am, right now.
You may have muttered to yourself, “wow, this is so accurate it’s a little creepy” or “finally, someone understands me!” You may have even asked “how do they know more about me than the people I’m closest to?” like dude, staph analyzing my brain!
So yeah, that was pretty interesting to know! If you like to know what your personality type is, take this link: https://www.16personalities.com/ and take it 🙂 If you like to share your personality type, please do comment! I wonder if you’re thinking the same way I was thinking when I take this test. Well, catch a glimpse of Haya later.